Disclaimers: Social Media
These accounts are staffed Monday-Friday 9-5pm and during special events. Please be advised this is not a response agency and any emergencies should be reported to 911. Users and visitors to the Maryland Emergency Management Agency’s (MEMA) social media sites shall be notified that the intended purpose of the site is to serve as a mechanism for communications, public information, and warning, between the Maryland Emergency Management Agency and members of the public.
Currently, MEMA operates these social media digital properties:
MEMA’s social media site articles and comments containing any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed:
- Comments that are not related to the topic of the post;
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Profane language or content;
- Personal attacks directed towards MEMA staff or fellow members of MEMA’s social media communities.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
- Any other content deemed inappropriate for MEMA social media channels
The Maryland Emergency Management Agency reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this social media policy or any applicable law. The Maryland Emergency Management Agency will approach the use of social media tools as consistently as possible, enterprise wide.